2021 Doctoral Programs for International Students of Tongji University
Doctoral major list: 2021 Doctoral Program Major List.xlsx
1. Non-Chinese citizen in good health both mentally and physically.
2. Applicants for doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
II. Application Period
Deadline for self-financed application: November 2nd, 2020 to November 30th, 2020
Deadline for scholarship application: November 2nd, 2020 to November 30th, 2020
III. Application Materials
1. A copy of the passport (personal information page).
2. Graduation certificate and degree certificate of your master program. If the certificate is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
*The certificate should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
Certificate of expected graduation issued by current academic institution (for applicants who will be graduating after current academic year only and must be the Original copy).
Degree certificate is required to be verified; and notarized documents related to the degree certificate must be submitted at the registration.
3. Original or notarized academic transcripts of the master program. If the academic transcripts are not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated document must be submitted.
* The transcript should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
4. Copy of New HSK Certificate
For the programs on Science and engineering: New HSK Band 4 certificate with total score no less than 180.
For the programs on Architecture, Management & Economics and Medicine: New HSK Band 4 certificate with total score no less than 200.
For the programs on Liberal Arts and Fine Arts: New HSK Band 5 certificate with total score no less than 180.
(If the applicant’s master program is taught in Chinese, the applicant is not required to provide HSK certificate but has to hand in the certificate for Chinese-taught degree program.)
5. Original recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors (contact information is necessary).
6. Personal statement. Around 1500 words for doctoral program, in Chinese (Chinese- taught programs) or English (English-taught programs). Study and work experience, academic research achievement, planned research proposal and personal prospect after graduation should be included.
7. Physical health report issued within the last six months or valid Chinese visa
8. Payment evidence
If the applicant pays the application fee through bank or online bank, it is required to provide a photo of receipt or screenshot of transaction.
No requirement for those who pay through the online application system.
9. Catalogue and abstract of published papers and any other material that can prove your academic research ability.
10.Other supporting materials, such as approve letter from supervisor in Tongji, award certificates, admission notice from other universities, etc.
* In addition to the application materials mentioned above, the university may require applicants to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
You need to upload all the material on our online application system. When uploading, files without corresponding category should belong to other supporting materials.
When fall semester begins, you shall bring the documents and certificates with you for further check. Detailed information will be listed on our Registration Guide and will be sent out with the admission notice. Your admission will be cancelled if your documents are found to be fake.
IV. Application Procedure
Step 1: Online application
Apply through online application system of Tongji University (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn) and finish online application procedure.
Step 2: Pay the application fee
Application fee: RMB 600 (nonrefundable)
You can pay through:
a. our online application system
b. bank or online bank, and you are also required to upload your receipt to our online application system.
For Accounts in China:
ž 账号(Beneficiary Bank Account No.)：033267-00812000848
ž 开户银行(Beneficiary Bank)：中国农业银行股份有限公司上海翔殷支行
ž 中国农业银行股份有限公司上海翔殷支行行号(Bank Number）：103290035039
For accounts overseas:
ž Beneficiary: TongJi University
ž Beneficiary Bank: Bank of China, Shanghai Branch yangpu sub-branch
ž Address: NO.83 chifeng road, shanghai, 200092, P.R.China
ž Beneficiary Bank Account No.: 433859245525
ž Swift number: BKCHCNBJ300
Science and Engineering
CDHK & SEM
* Tuition fee and Insurance fee (800 RMB/Year) should be paid when making registration.
VI. Admission Procedure
The admission of Tongji University is based on the assessment of the application materials. Whether there will be entrance exams or interviews depends on the major or school you are applying for. The university will make the final decision.
VII. Admission and registration
1. Please follow your application process in the Online Application System. Once you were admitted by Tongji, the admission status will change. The admission notice and Visa Application Form (JW202) will be sent within two weeks after you are admitted.
2. The admitted applicants should bring their passport, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form (JW202) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China and apply for a student visa. Students shall come to Tongji University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice and apply for a residence permit according to the regulations of Exit-Entry Administration of Shanghai Public Security Bureau.
3. Students who submit their expected graduation certificate during application should submit their official graduation certificate during registration.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Ministry of Education offers full or partial scholarships in accordance with the consensus or educational exchange and cooperation agreements between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities and relevant international organizations. Application periods (normally from November to March in the following year) differ in different countries. To apply, please directly consult local Chinese Embassy (Consulates) or related local authorities. Admission documents will be sent to scholarship recipients by scholarship accepting institutions (local Chinese Embassy/ Consulates) or related local authorities).
Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/ for detailed information.
Chinese University Program
Offered by Chinese Ministry of Education, this scholarship is for designated Chinese universities to recruit international postgraduate students and doctoral students.
Outcomes can be checked in the website http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn. Applicants can also visit the website http://study.tongji.edu.cn/ and click the column of “Notice” for enquiry.
2. Shanghai Government Scholarship
Established by Shanghai Municipal Education Committee, this scholarship supports outstanding international students for higher education in universities in Shanghai. Visit https://study.tongji.edu.cn/info/1043/1115.htm for more information.
You can reach the scholarship result through our online application system (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn) or “Notice” on our official website (http://study.tongji.edu.cn/).
3. Tongji University International Doctoral Scholarship
In order to build a Chinese higher education brand and develop a “Double-First Class” university, our university has set up the “Tongji University International Doctoral Scholarship” to cultivate excellent international doctors with an international vision, a good understanding of China and friendly relationship with China, love for Tongji and abilities for future scientific frontier research.
(Check the application details at https://study.tongji.edu.cn/info/1043/1111.htm ).
International Student Office
Address: Rm.705, Zhonghe Building, No.1239 Siping Road, Shanghai, P.R. China
Zip code: 200092
Please scan the following QR code or search WeChat ID “isotju” to follow the WeChat official account of International Students Office of Tongji University.
International Students Office of Tongji University reserves the right of final interpretation for the information above. Please pay attention to the updates of our website in case of any changes.