1.Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2.Applicants should not be student who is currently studying in China. If you have graduated from one university in China, you can only apply one year after your graduation.
3.Applicants for master’s programs should be under the age of 35; applicants for doctoral programs should be under the age of 40.
4.Following applicants would not be accepted:
a) Applying for a joint degree program,
b) Applying for language and literature programs of one’s native language or a third language, such as English and French, etc.
5.Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese government.
Full coverage on tuition fee, free on-campus accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and living allowance (Master student: 3000 RMB/month, Doctoral student: 3500 RMB/month).
Step one: online application
1. Finish your online CSC application on https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login and print the Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship. (Category B, The code of Tongji University: 10247)
2. Finish your online application of Tongji University on http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn and please choose Chinese Government Scholarship Programs in your application.
Step two: pay your application fee
Application fee: RMB410 (nonrefundable)
You can pay through:
a. our online application system
b. bank or online bank, and you are also required to upload your receipt to our online application system.
For Accounts in China:
ž 账号(Beneficiary Bank Account No.)：033267-00812000848
ž 开户银行(Beneficiary Bank)：中国农业银行股份有限公司上海翔殷支行
ž 中国农业银行股份有限公司上海翔殷支行行号(Bank Number）：103290035039
For accounts overseas:
ž Beneficiary: TongJi University
ž Beneficiary Bank: Bank of China, Shanghai Branch yangpu sub-branch
ž Address: NO.83 chifeng road, shanghai, 200092, P.R.China
ž Beneficiary Bank Account No.: 433859245525
ž Swift number: BKCHCNBJ300
1. Application form of Chinese Government Scholarship.
2. A copy of the passport (personal information page).
3. Graduation certificate and degree certificate. If the certificate is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
*The certificate should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
For applicants who will be graduating after current academic year only, the original copy of certificate of expected graduation issued by current academic institution should be submitted and if the applicant is admitted, the original file of graduation certificate should be brought to registration for further check.
4. Original or notarized academic transcripts. If the academic transcripts are not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated document must be submitted.
* The transcript should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
5. Language proficiency certificate:
Please refer to the detailed information of these programs on our website.
For the programs on Science and engineering: New HSK Band 4 certificate with total score no less than 180.
For the programs on Architecture, Management & Economics and Medicine: New HSK Band 4 certificate with total score no less than 200.
For the programs on Liberal Arts and Fine Arts: New HSK Band 5 certificate with total score no less than 180.
For the program of International Chinese education Program: New HSK Band 5 certificate with total score no less than 210 or HSKK(Intermediate level) Certificate with total score no less than 60.
(If the applicant’s bachelor program is taught in Chinese, the applicant is not required to provide HSK certificate. If you apply for a Chinese-taught program without HSK, a one-year Chinese-learning program should also be applied for.)
6. Original recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors (contact information is necessary).
7. Personal statement. Around 1000 words for graduate program and 1500 for doctoral program , in Chinese (Chinese-taught programs) or English (English-taught programs). Study and work experience, academic research achievement, planned research proposal and personal prospect after graduation should be included.
8. Physical health report issued within the last six months or valid Chinese visa
9. Payment evidence
If the applicant pays the application fee through bank or online bank, it is required to provide a photo of receipt or screenshot of transaction.
No requirement for those who pay through the online application system.
10. Catalogue and abstract of published papers and any other material that can prove your academic research ability.
11.Other supporting materials, such as approve letter from supervisor in Tongji, award certificates, admission notice from other universities, etc.
* In addition to the application materials mentioned above, the university may require applicants to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
You need to upload all the material on our online application system. When uploading, files without corresponding category should belong to other supporting materials.
When fall semester begins, you shall bring the documents and certificates with you for further check. Detailed information will be listed on our Registration Guide and will be sent out with the admission notice. Your admission will be cancelled if your documents are found to be fake.
Outcomes can be checked in the website (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn). Applicants can also visit the website (http://study.tongji.edu.cn/)and click “News” for enquiry.
1.Scholarship holders are required to register at Tongji University on the date specified on admission notice. Students who arrive late without approval in advance will have their Scholarship automatically cancelled.
2.Scholarship holders must participate in annual evaluation. Students who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.
3.Scholarship holders are not allowed to change the major or study period.