Tongji University Long-term Chinese Program Admission Guide
The International School of Tongji University has a history of international Chinese teaching for more than 30 years. At present, our regular Chinese teaching has established six levels from A to F, and also has set up special classes such as economic and trade, business training, relying on the advantages of Tongji University. In addition, every semester, the school offers optional courses for international students such as Tai Chi, calligraphy, painting, and music, so that students can better experience the essence of Chinese traditional culture in the process of learning Chinese.
After class, our school has a variety of activities. For example: (1) Series of activities about China perception, Lantern Festival street parade and other social practice activities, letting students experience Chinese culture and customs. (2) Tai Chi competition, my Chinese story essay/speech contest, New year’s garden party and other activities, to build a platform for students to show themselves. (3) Various types of volunteer activities.
The college has a faculty with a reasonable age structure and a reasonable disciplinary structure. Most of the teachers have a degree of Ph.D. and above or have rich experience in teaching Chinese as a foreign language, the teaching level is highly stable. The school implements small class teaching. Each level has several parallel classes based on the number of students. All classrooms are equipped with multimedia teaching equipment. At the same time, the school is also a HSK examination site, providing warm and thoughtful service for students.
Duration: One semester to 3 academic years, 20 class hours per week. Junior Class(A-B), Intermediate Class(C-D) and advanced Class(E-F) are offered.
Compulsory courses: Comprehensive Chinese, Listening, Conversation, Extensive Reading Chinese Writing, Audio and Visual and Speaking, Brief Introduction of Chinese Society, etc.
Optional Courses: Business Chinese, Tai Chi, Calligraphy, Shanghainese, Tutoring for HSK, etc.
Applicant must be a citizen of a foreign country between 18 and 55 years of age, with senior high school certificate or above, in good mental and physical health.
If the applicant is under the age of 18 before 31st August of the application year, information on the guardian is required.
The guardian is required to provide the following materials:
1. If the guardian is Chinese citizen, need to provide:
(1) resident ID card; (2) Proof of bank deposit (the amount is not less than RMB 100 000, the deadline must be later than January 31 of the following year); (3) Guardian guarantee (click here to download)
2. If the guardian is foreign citizen, need to provide:
(1) Copy of passport (information page); (2) Non-student residence permit (the validity period must be later than January 31 of the second year of application); (3) Proof of bank deposit (the amount is not less than RMB 100 000, the deadline must be later than January 31 of the following year); (4) Guardian guarantee (click here to download)
1. Applying online at the website http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn
2. Pay the application fee 600 RMB. (You can pay the application fee when you apply online, and if you choose to remit the application fee offline, you need to upload your payment voucher to the online application system)
Tuition and insurance fee:
Tuition: RMB 8200/semester；RMB 16400/year
Insurance fee: RMB 800/year
*Application fee should be paid when applying;
*All documents and application fee are non-refundable;
* Tuition fee and Insurance fee should be paid when making registration.
Bank Account Information:
For Accounts in China:
ž 账号(Beneficiary Bank Account No.)：033267-00812000848
ž 开户银行(Beneficiary Bank)：中国农业银行股份有限公司上海翔殷支行
ž 中国农业银行股份有限公司上海翔殷支行行号(Bank Number）：103290035039
For accounts overseas:
ž Beneficiary: TongJi University
ž Beneficiary Bank: Bank of China, Shanghai Branch yangpu sub-branch
ž Address: NO.83 chifeng road, shanghai, 200092, P.R.China
ž Beneficiary Bank Account No.: 433859245525
ž Swift number: BKCHCNBJ300
Application and Admission Time:
The spring admission is in mid- to late-February or early March each year and the application period is from November to December;
The fall admission is in early September each year and the application period is from March to June.
The specific time will be informed by the enrollment notice each year.
1. Apply online and pay the registration fee within the specified time.
2. Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China will be sent to the accepted applicants
3. The applicants must go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their home country with the Admission Notice and the Visa Application for study in China to apply for the student entry visa.
4. Students must register at the International Student Office on time in accordance with the detailed requirements in the Admission Notice.
5. The International students should purchase comprehensive insurance on the registration day.
International Student Office of Tongji University
Address: International Student Office Rm.705 Zonghe Building No.1239 Siping Road, Shanghai P.R. China Zip code: 200092