Architecture (International Class)
1. Scholars: applicants aged between 18 and 25
Self-supporting students: applicants aged between 18 and 35 (up to and including December 31 in the year of application)
Non-Chinese citizens who have graduated from high school or above and are in good health;
2. Applicants who are immigrants from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China) and are a foreign national, or whose par ents are both Chinese citizens and have settled abroad, or who have been a foreign national since birth must meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education's Jiao Wai Han  No.12;
3. Applicants under the age of 18 (before August 31 in the current year) should click here to view the requirements.
Application period for self-supporting students: November 10, 2022 to April 20, 2023
Application period for scholarship students: November 10, 2022 to February 15, 2023
Note: You need to upload the electronic application materials in the application system. After admission, please bring the original paper application materials for verification when you report to the university. If you fail to submit the materials or they do not meet requirements, your application will be rejected.
1. Personal information page of your passport (with at least 6 months’ validity);
2. High school diploma;
– For a certificate in a language other than Chinese and English, the original notarized copy of the Chinese or English translation must be provided. The notarized copy must be issued by a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad, or a foreign embassy or consulate in China;
– The original graduation certificate issued by the school of a new high school graduate needs to be provided. Upon admission, you need to bring the original high school graduation certificate for verification during registration;
– For a Malaysian SPM diploma, the certificate of completion of one-year preparatory studies and transcript of the preparatory courses are also required.
3. Original or notarized transcripts of all courses in high school;
– For a transcript in a language other than Chinese and English, the original notarized copy of the Chinese or English translation must be provided. The notarized copy must be issued by a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad, or a foreign embassy and consulate in China;
– We recommend that you attach a description of the evaluation criteria of the transcripts.
– The results of the national senior high school entrance examination or the internationally accepted test results of the country of origin, such as UEC/A Level/AP/IB/SAT/ACT, can also be submitted as supplementary materials.
4. Proof of language proficiency
Copy of English Language Certificate (Students can provide Language Certificate at the registration day.) IELTS 6.5, TOEFL IBT84 or above
5. Personal statement;
Please write your introduction according to the personal statement template (undergraduate) in the teaching language of the professional program (for example, the statement for a program taught in Chinese should be written in Chinese, and the statement for a program taught in English should be written in English).
6. Physical examination form for foreigners (within six months) or a current valid Chinese visa.
7. Certificate of payment for the registration fee;
When remitting through at an offline bank or online bank, you need to submit a photo of the remittance voucher or a screenshot of online remittance.This is not required for remittance through the online application system. Payments can be made in the system upon submission of the application.Applicants who have not paid the registration fee will not be considered.
Applicants who are immigrants from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China) and are a foreign national, applicants whose parents are both Chinese citizens and have settled abroad, and applicants who have been a foreign national since birth must provide the following materials:
– Former Chinese citizens who have subsequently become foreign nationals must submit:
(1) Certificate of cancellation of Chinese nationality or census register;
(2) Certificate of naturalization as a foreign national;
(3) Scanned copy of entry and exit signature records on the passport from April 30, 2019 to April 30, 2023 (for those who have lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years, residence for 9 months in a year in that country can be counted as one year);
(4) Entry and Exit Information Form
According to applicable regulations, Chinese foreigners, including former Chinese citizens who are foreign nationals, their children of foreign nationality, and Chinese citizens’ children of foreign nationality, must pass the pre-examination of nationality conducted by the school at the admission stage, and the nationality assessment conducted by the exit and entry administration department of the Chinese public security organ after enrollment. Applicants who fail to pass the pre-examination of nationality or the assessment of nationality will be deemed to have automatically cancelled their application and any subsequently obtained admission approval or student status.
– Applicants who became a foreign national at birth in a foreign country with one or both parents being a Chinese citizen must submit:
(1) Certificate of the applicant's acquisition of foreign nationality at birth;
(2) Scanned copy of entry and exit signature records on the passport from April 30, 2019 to April 30, 2023 (for those who have lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years, residence for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year);
(3) Entry and Exit Information Form
Please compress and upload the above materials to the “Identification Certificate” column of the application system.
Requirements for Supplementary Application Materials for Undergraduate Majors of the College of Design and Innovation and the College of Architecture and Urban Planning
Applicants to the College of Design and Innovation/College of Architecture and Urban Planning can click here to view Requirements for Supplementary Application Materials for Undergraduate Majors of the College of Design and Innovation and the College of Architecture and Urban Planning
Fill in the Supplementary Professional Materials as required and upload any documents to the "Portfolio" column of the online application system.
Please log in to Tongji University Online Registration System (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn), register and complete the online application, and upload the application materials. The online application fee is RMB600, which is non-refundable.
Note: Please do not mail or email the application materials as they will not be accepted.
1. Online payment in the online application system;
2. For an offline bank or online bank remittance, the remittance voucher needs to be uploaded to the application system.
Bank account information:
For Accounts in China:
账号(Beneficiary Bank Account No.)：
For accounts overseas:
Beneficiary: TongJi University
Bank of China, Shanghai Branch yangpu sub-branch
NO.83 chifeng road, shanghai, 200092, P.R.China
Beneficiary Bank Account No.: 433859245525
Swift number: BKCHCNBJ300
Tuition fee: RMB 33800 / Year
Tuition, accidental injury, and hospitalization insurance premiums (RMB800 /year) should be paid during registration at the school.
1. Tongji University adopts a material review system for admission and organizes written examinations or interviews for each college. We perform evaluations according to the overall capabilities of the students and select the best candidates for admission.
2. After submitting your application, you must regularly check the information and application status in the system and complete each step strictly as prompted. If the follow-up process is delayed due to a failure to check a notification in time, the applicant is responsible for the delay.
3. Please pay attention to your application status in the application system. If you are admitted, your application status will change to admitted. The admission notification and other related materials will be sent two weeks after acceptance.
4. You can check the “Orientation” column of the school website for admission instructions.
Chinese Government Scholarship (bilateral program)
The Ministry of Education of China provides full or partial scholarships in accordance with educational cooperation and exchange agreements or MOUs signed with relevant governments, institutions, schools, and international organizations. The application time of each country is different (usually between November and March). Please consult the Chinese embassy (consulate) abroad and relevant departments. The admission documents will be issued to the applicant by the scholarship issuing institution (relevant domestic departments and Chinese embassies and consulates abroad).
Please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (http://www.csc.edu.cn) to learn more.
1. The first year of international undergraduate students' enrollment is a trial period. If the applicant fails to pass the course with 25 credits or fails to meet the requirements issued by the college in first academic year, the applicant will be expelled and not permitted to study for a second year.
2. Accepted candidates must go to a Chinese embassy (consulate) abroad to apply for a study visa with their passport, Tongji University Admission Notice, and the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students in China (JW202). Candidates must take the above-mentioned materials and go to Tongji University to apply for admission at the time specified in the notice, and apply for a residence certificate in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Exit and Entry Administration Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau.
3. Accommodation: If you need to book a dormitory, please call 008621-65983001 (international student dormitory of Tongji University). If the school dormitory is full, you will need to arrange your own accommodation. Students receiving full scholarships will be accommodated by the school and do not need to make a reservation.
Dormitory information: https://study.tongji.edu.cn/info/1023/1058.htm
Art Modeling (1), Art History (2), Design Introduction (2), Design Basics (6), Art Modeling (2), Architectural Mechanics (4), History of Architecture (2), Introduction to Architecture (2), Architectural Design (1) Architectural Design Basics (6), Artistic Modeling Practice (4), Historical Environmental Records (4), Computer Graphics (2), Building Structures (4), Urban Reading (2), Architectural Generation Principles (2) , Architectural Design (2), Architectural Design (6), Building Information Modeling, Architectural Design (3), Architectural History and Theory (3), Architectural Design (4), Structure and Construction (2), Environment and Architecture ( 2) Architectural design (5), Architectural history and theory (2), Architectural design (6), Building regulations, Architectural disaster prevention (2), Vocational education for architects (2), Graduation design
Degree conferred: Bachelor of Architecture Engineering from Tongji University.
For more information, pls visit our websites:
Tongji International Student Website: http://study.tongji.edu.cn CAUP Tongji Website: http://caup.tongji.edu.cn
Admission: Ms. Dong Bijing: email@example.com
Courses: Mr. Tan Zheng: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above information may change and shall be interpreted by the Tongji University International Student Office. Please check for updates on the website of Tongji University International Student Office.