Notice Event calendar
11 Apr
2024 Tongji Dragon Boat Team Recruitment

11 Jan
"Experience Chinese New Year"Photograpy Contest

18 Jul
Design Contest of Logos and Souvenir Merch for “ Tongjiers, ...

View all >
Internship regulation for International students of Tongji University

1. International students can do internships outside school according to the regulation and educational plan. A paid internship is not permitted (except subsidy for transportation and meals).

2. International students who apply to do internship should meet below requests.

1) Must be registered full-time students studying at Tongji University.

2) Must attain a residence permit (study type) issued by Shanghai exit and entry administration bureau including remark of internship information.

3) More than two internships at the same time for one international student are not permitted.

4) The internship should meet requirements of the teaching plan and be relevant to the major of international students.

5) No record of breaking Chinese Law or rules of Tongji University.

3. Application procedure:


4. Charging standard of Shanghai exit and entry administration bureau:

1) If international students apply for residence permit (study style) and remark of internship information at the same time, Shanghai exit and entry administration bureau will only charge for the residence permit.

2) For those international students who have already got residence permit (study style), Shanghai exit and entry administration bureau will charge for 200 RMB for the remark application of internship information.

5. If any relevant information changes occur, international students should follow below instructions and update the information:

1) During the internship, if there is any change of university, internship company, etc., international student should stop the current internship and apply for updated remark of internship information again.

2) During the internship, if there is any change of passport, residence permit, etc., international students do not have to stop the current internship. But they should go to the international student office to update the information and apply for residence permit and remark of internship information again.

6. An internship with any of the below situations is regarded as illegal employment:

1) The internship is not recorded at Shanghai exit and entry administration bureau.

2) The internship is not remarked on residence permit.

3) The internship exceeds the range of period, address, company and other recorded information on the “internship permit”.

4) A paid internship (except subsidy for transportation and meals).

7. Punishment:

International students of illegal employment will be punished by Shanghai exit and entry administration bureau according to the law.

This regulation has been effective since April 15th, 2015. And the superseded regulation has been invalid since April 15th, 2015.



Monthly Registration Rules for Scholarship Students

Sponsored by Relevant Chinese Scholarships

(Rules on Trial, International Student Office Tongji University)

October 22nd, 2014


    It is compulsorily requested by China Scholarship Council that in order to well follow Regulations of Chinese Scholarships at China's universities, all scholarship students at Tongji University must have a monthly registration from May 2012.


1) Students who have been registered with Chinese scholarships such as Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius College Scholarship, Shanghai Government Scholarship A and Living allowance Scholarship for exchange students are asked to sign for the Monthly registration.


2) On 5th to 15th every month (excluding weekends, legal holidays, winter and summer holidays), the students of the scholarships said above should register in the International Student Office, Room 705, the Zong-He Building on the Si-Ping Campus.


But, the students studying in the following Schools and Colleges:

International School; College of Environmental Science and Engineering; College of Architecture and Urban Planning; School of Economics and Management; School of Civil Engineering; School of Medicine; CDHK; CDHAW; School of Mechanical Engineering; School of Automotive Studies; School of Software Engineering; School of Material Science and Engineering; School of Transportation Engineering; School of Electronics and Information Engineering; College of Arts and Media.

are asked to have their signatures in the said colleges or schools.


3) Those who are unable to register in time due to his or her unexpected circumstances should submit in advance to the International Student Office an Asking-or-Leave Form (from http://study.tongji.edu.cn) with his or her tutor`s signature and college`s permit. Otherwise, it will be regarded as his or her study absence one month at Tongji University, no more living allowance in the next month will be transmitted to his or her account.

International Student Office

Tongji University

Safety Tips on Campus for International Student

For detail information please download: safety tips



©2017 Tongji University International Students Office