2020 Undergraduate Programs for International Students of Tongji University
Undergraduate major list: 2020 Undergraduate Program Major List
Applicants should be between 18-25 years old (No later than Dec. 31st of that year, Dec. 31st included), high school graduate or above, non-Chinese citizen, and in good health.
If the applicant is under the age of 18 before 31st August of the application year, please click here for specific requirement.
According to related regulations issued by the Ministry of Education, those who immigrated to other countries from the Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan and apply to study as an international student in China shall obtain foreign nationality before April 30th, 2016 and have lived overseas for two years from April 30th 2016 to April 30th 2020. Please note that living overseas for 9 months can be converted to 1 year, which is subject to the exit-entry stamp on your visa.
II. Application Period
Deadline for scholarship application: February 28th, 2020 to April 15th, 2020
Deadline for self-financed application: December 20th, 2019 to May 15th, 2020
III. Application Materials
1. A copy of the passport (personal information page).
2. High school graduation certificate. If the certificate is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
* The certificate should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
Certificate of expected graduation issued by senior high school (for applicants who will be graduating from senior high school before July only). Senior high school diploma is required to be verified and notarized documents must be submitted at the registration, if the student is admitted.
3. Original or notarized transcript of senior high school. If the transcript is not in Chinese or English, the original notarized translated versions must be submitted.
* The transcript should be notarized by local Chinese Embassy or local Chinese Consulates (or foreign embassies or consulates in China).
4. Copy of New HSK Certificate
For the programs on Science and engineering: New HSK Band 4 certificate with total score no less than 180.
For the programs on Architecture, Management & Economics and Medicine: New HSK Band 4 certificate with total score no less than 200.
For the programs on Liberal Arts and Fine Arts: New HSK Band 5 certificate with total score no less than 180.
(If the applicant’s high school courses are taught in Chinese, the applicant is not required to provide HSK certificate.)
※ Requirement for applicants of Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language:
Freshmen: copy of New HSK Band 3 certificate with total score no less than 180;
Those who apply for bachelor program of Chinese language with New HSK Band 4 (total score over 210) and one-year Chinese study experience, can start from Grade 2; and those with New HSK Band 5 (total score over 210) and two-year Chinese study experience can start from Grade 3.
5. Applicants of the following majors: Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Studies, Visual Communication Design, Environment Design, Industry Design, Product Design must submit 3 paintings (2 sketches and 1 watercolor).
6.Physical health report issued within the last six months or valid Chinese visa
If the applicant pays the application fee through bank or online bank, it is required to provide a photo of receipt or screenshot of transaction.
No requirement for those who pay through the online application system.
8.Other supporting materials, such as award certificates, foreign entrance examination transcripts, university admission notice, etc.
* In addition to the application materials mentioned above, the university may require applicants to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
You need to upload all the material on our online application system. When uploading, files without corresponding category should belong to other supporting materials.
When fall semester begins, you shall bring the documents and certificates with you for further check. Detailed information will be listed on our Registration Guide and will be sent out with the admission notice. Your admission will be cancelled if your documents are found to be fake.
IV. Application Procedure
Step 1: Online application
Apply through online application system of Tongji University (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn) and finish online application procedure.
Step 2: Pay the application fee
Application fee: RMB600 (nonrefundable)
You can pay through:
a. our online application system
b. bank or online bank, and you are also required to upload your receipt to our online application system.
For Accounts in China:
ž账号(Beneficiary Bank Account No.)：033267-00812000848
For accounts overseas:
žBeneficiary: TongJi University
žBeneficiary Bank: Bank of China, Shanghai Branch yangpu sub-branch
žAddress: NO.83 chifeng road, shanghai, 200092, P.R.China
žBeneficiary Bank Account No.: 433859245525
žSwift number: BKCHCNBJ300
Science and Engineering
Architecture/medicine/film/dance/animation/radio and television director
International Class of the School of Architecture and Urban Planning
* Tuition fee and Insurance fee (800 RMB/Year) should be paid when making registration.
VI. Admission Procedure
The admission of Tongji University is based on the assessment of the application materials. Whether there will be entrance exams or interviews depends on the major or school you are applying for. The university will make the final decision.
VII. Admission and registration
1. Please follow your application process in the Online Application System. Once you were admitted by Tongji, the admission status will change. The admission notice and Visa Application Form (JW202) will be sent within two weeks after you are admitted.
2. The admitted applicants should bring their passport, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form (JW202) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China and apply for a student visa. Students shall come to Tongji University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice and apply for a residence permit according to the regulations of Exit-Entry Administration of Shanghai Public Security Bureau.
3. The first academic year is the probation period for all the undergraduates. Those whose credits failed sum up to 25 or cannot meet the requirements by the respective schoolswill be dismissed and will be unable to continue their studies for the second year.
4. Students who submit their expected graduation certificate during application should submit their official graduation certificate during registration.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (Bilateral Program)
Chinese Ministry of Education offers full or partial scholarships in accordance with the consensus or educational exchange and cooperation agreements between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities and relevant international organizations. Application periods (normally from early January to early April) differ in different countries. To apply, please directly consult local Chinese Embassy (Consulates) or related local authorities. Admission documents will be sent to scholarship recipients by scholarship accepting institutions (local Chinese Embassy/ Consulates) or related local authorities).
Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/ for detailed information.
2. Shanghai Government Scholarship
Established by Shanghai Municipal Education Committee, this scholarship supports outstanding international students for higher education in universities in Shanghai. Visit https://study.tongji.edu.cn/info/1043/1115.htm for more information.
You can reach the scholarship result through our online application system (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn) or “Notice” on our official website (http://study.tongji.edu.cn/).
International Student Office
Address: Rm.705, Zhonghe Building, No.1239 Siping Road, Shanghai, P.R. China
Zip code: 200092
Please scan the following QR code or search WeChat ID “isotju” to follow the WeChat official account of International Students Office of Tongji University.
International Students Office of Tongji University reserves the right of finalinterpretation for the information above. Please pay attention to the updates of our website in case of any changes.