This is the enrollment brochure for majors taught in Chinese. Please check the enrollment guide for majors taught in English here: https://study.tongji.edu.cn/lxsq/xwxm_ywsk/bkywxm.htm
For undergraduate majors taught in Chinese, please click to view: Major Catalog for 2024 Undergraduate Program
1. Scholars: applicants aged between 18 and 25
Self-supporting students: applicants aged between 18 and 35 (up to and including December 31 in the year of application)
Non-Chinese citizens who have graduated from high school or above and are in good health;
2. Applicants who are immigrants from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China) and are a foreign national, or whose par ents are both Chinese citizens and have settled abroad, or who have been a foreign national since birth must meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education's Jiao Wai Han  No.12;
3. Applicants under the age of 18 (before August 31 in the current year) should click here to view the requirements.
First Round Application Period:
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship and Self-Supporting Students: November 20, 2023 to January 20, 2024.
Second Round Application Period：
Self-supporting students only: March 1, 2024 to April 20, 2024.
Note: You need to upload the electronic application materials in the application system. After admission, please bring the original paper application materials for verification when you report to the university. If you fail to submit the materials or they do not meet requirements, your application will be rejected.
1. Personal information page of the passport (Passport valid until January 30, 2025 and beyond)；
2. High school diploma;
– For a certificate in a language other than Chinese and English, the original notarized copy of the Chinese or English translation must be provided. The notarized copy must be issued by a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad, or a foreign embassy or consulate in China;
– The original graduation certificate issued by the school of a new high school graduate needs to be provided. Upon admission, you need to bring the original high school graduation certificate for verification during registration;
– For a Malaysian SPM diploma, the certificate of completion of STPM or one-year preparatory studies and a transcript of the preparatory courses are also required.
3. Original or notarized transcripts of all courses in high school;
– For a transcript in a language other than Chinese and English, the original notarized copy of the Chinese or English translation must be provided. The notarized copy must be issued by a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad, or a foreign embassy and consulate in China;
– We recommend that you attach a description of the evaluation criteria of the transcripts.
– The results of the national senior high school entrance examination or the internationally accepted test results of the country of origin, such as UEC/A Level/AP/IB/SAT/ACT, can also be submitted as supplementary materials.
4. Proof of language proficiency
Certificate of HSK5 Chinese Proficiency Test with a score of 180 (inclusive) or above (valid for 2 years).
※ Chinese Language of The International School (Economic and Trade/International Education) undergraduate entrance requirements:
First year: New HSK Level 4, 180 points or above;
Second year (transferred student): New HSK Level 5, 180 points (inclusive) or more, one year of Chinese learning experience (only Chinese language courses or undergraduate majors taught in Chinese at a college are accepted);
Third year (transferred student): New HSK Level 6, 180 points (inclusive) or more, two years of Chinese learning experience (only Chinese language courses or undergraduate majors taught in Chinese at a college are accepted).
(For applicants who attended a high school taught in Chinese, the teaching certificate in Chinese is required and the HSK certificate is not required.)
5. Personal statement;
Please write your introduction according to the personal statement template (undergraduate) in the teaching language of the professional program (for example, the statement for a program taught in Chinese should be written in Chinese, and the statement for a program taught in English should be written in English).
6. Physical examination form for foreigners (within six months) or a current valid Chinese visa.
7. Certificate of payment for the registration fee;
When remitting through at an offline bank or online bank, you need to submit a photo of the remittance voucher or a screenshot of online remittance.
This is not required for remittance through the online application system. Payments can be made in the system upon submission of the application.
Applicants who have not paid the registration fee will not be considered.
Applicants who are immigrants from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan (China) and are a foreign national, applicants whose parents are one or both Chinese citizens and have settled abroad, and applicants who have been a foreign national since birth must provide the following materials:
– Former Chinese citizens who have subsequently become foreign nationals must submit:
(1) Certificate of naturalization as a foreign national;
(2) Scanned copy of entry and exit signature records on the passport from April 30, 2020 to to the time of application submission (for those who have lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years, residence for 9 months in a year in that country can be counted as one year);
(3) Letter of Commitment
– Applicants who became a foreign national at birth in a foreign country with one or both parents being a Chinese citizen must submit:
(1) Certificate of the applicant's acquisition of foreign nationality at birth (① if one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens with permanent residence abroad, certificate of the corresponding permanent residence needs to be provided; ②if one or both of the parents are Chinese citizens without permanent residence abroad, certificate of the withdrawal from Chinese nationality of the applicant needs to be provided. )
(2) Scanned copy of entry and exit signature records on the passport from April 30, 2020 to to the time of application submission (for those who have lived in a foreign country for more than 2 years, residence for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year);
(3) Letter of Commitment
Please upload the above materials to the “Supplementary Materials” column of the application system.
According to applicable regulations, Chinese foreigners, including former Chinese citizens who are foreign nationals, their children of foreign nationality, and Chinese citizens’ children of foreign nationality, must pass the pre-examination of nationality conducted by the school at the admission stage, and the nationality assessment conducted by the exit and entry administration department of the Chinese public security organ after enrollment. Applicants who fail to pass the pre-examination of nationality or the assessment of nationality will be deemed to have automatically cancelled their application and any subsequently obtained admission approval or student status.
Requirements for Supplementary Application Materials for Undergraduate Majors of the College of Design and Innovation and the College of Architecture and Urban Planning
Applicants to the College of Design and Innovation/College of Architecture and Urban Planning can click here to view Requirements for Supplementary Application Materials for Undergraduate Majors of the College of Design and Innovation and the College of Architecture and Urban Planning
Fill in the Supplementary Professional Materials as required and upload any documents to the "Portfolio" column of the online application system.
Supplementary materials for Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship application:
Applicants for the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship should log in to the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship Application System (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/) before starting their application. After completing the application for Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship, download the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship (Type A) form and upload it to our application system.
Note: If the required application materials are not submitted within the application time, the application will be deemed as failed.
Please log in to Tongji University Online Registration System (http://study-info.tongji.edu.cn), register and complete the online application, and upload the application materials. The online application fee is RMB600, which is non-refundable.
Note: Please do not mail or email the application materials as they will not be accepted.
1. Online payment in the online application system;
2. For an offline bank or online bank remittance, the remittance voucher needs to be uploaded to the application system.
Bank account information:
For Accounts in China:
账号(Beneficiary Bank Account No.)：
For accounts overseas:
Beneficiary: TongJi University
Bank of China, Shanghai Branch yangpu sub-branch
NO.83 chifeng road, shanghai, 200092, P.R.China
Beneficiary Bank Account No.: 433859245525
Swift number: BKCHCNBJ300
Please check the major catalog for tuition fees. Tuition, accidental injury, and hospitalization insurance premiums (RMB800 /year) should be paid during registration at the school.
1. Tongji University adopts a material review system for admission and organizes written examinations or interviews for each college. We perform evaluations according to the overall capabilities of the students and select the best candidates for admission.
2. After submitting your application, you must regularly check the information and application status in the system and complete each step strictly as prompted. If the follow-up process is delayed due to a failure to check a notification in time, the applicant is responsible for the delay.
3. Please carefully choose "Yes or No"on "Whether to accept adjustment to the designated major. "Yes" means that you are willing to accept adjustment to: Chinese language major; "No" means that you are only willing to accept admission of the chosen major. And if you didn’t pass the admission review, the application will be deemed as failed.
4. Please pay attention to your application status in the application system. If you are admitted, your application status will change to admitted. The admission notification and other related materials will be sent two weeks after acceptance.
5. You can check the “Orientation” column of the school website for admission instructions.
Undergraduate scholarships are only available for Chinese taught majors
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (bilateral program)
The Ministry of Education of China provides full or partial scholarships in accordance with educational cooperation and exchange agreements or MOUs signed with relevant governments, institutions, schools, and international organizations. The application time of each country is different (usually between November and March). Please consult the Chinese embassy (consulate) abroad and relevant departments. The admission documents will be issued to the applicant by the scholarship issuing institution (relevant domestic departments and Chinese embassies and consulates abroad).
Please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (http://www.csc.edu.cn) to learn more.
2. Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship
Established by the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, this is a subsidy for outstanding foreign students to receive higher education in Shanghai universities.
Visit the following website to learn more:
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship https://study.tongji.edu.cn/info/1043/1115.htm
1. The first year of international undergraduate students' enrollment is a trial period. If the applicant fails to pass the course with 25 credits or fails to meet the requirements issued by the college in first academic year, the applicant will be expelled and not permitted to study for a second year.
2. The registration time is around the end of August to the beginning of September 2024, and the specific date is subject to the admission notice of Tongji University. Accepted candidates must go to a Chinese embassy (consulate) abroad to apply for a study visa with their passport, Tongji University Admission Notice, and the Visa Application Form for Foreign Students in China (JW202). Candidates must take the above-mentioned materials and go to Tongji University to apply for admission at the time specified in the notice, and apply for a residence certificate in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Exit and Entry Administration Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau.
3. Accommodation: Please follow the accommodation selection notice of Tongji University International Student Office. In principle, full scholarship students will be arranged for accommodation by the school, but the availability of dormitories on campus is limited. If the reservation for dormitories on campus is full, students (including full scholarship students) are requested to arrange their own accommodation during their study abroad period.
Dormitory information: https://study.tongji.edu.cn/info/1023/1058.htm
International Student Office of Tongji University
Address: Room 705, Comprehensive Building, No.1239 Siping Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai, P.R. China Postal code: 200092
Teacher in charge of the undergraduate program (admission procedures):
Ms. Fang Email: email@example.com Tel.: 021-65980380
Working hours: 8:00-11:30, 13:30-17:00 Monday-Friday (Beijing time)
If you have quires about the major and courses, please contact the contact person from different faculties in the major catalog.
The above information may change and shall be interpreted by the Tongji University International Student Office. Please check for updates on the website of Tongji University International Student Office.
Please scan the following QR code or search WeChat ID “isotju” to follow the WeChat official account of International Students Office of Tongji University.
International Students Office of Tongji University reserves the right of final interpretation for the information above. Please pay attention to the updates of our website in case of any changes.